The best dessert I have ever eaten

It is impossible for me to finish a meal without having eaten something sweet, it can be ice cream, a cake or a fruit, but the sweet can never be missing!

Among all the desserts I have tried, there is one that definitely resonates in my head and makes me hungry every time I think of it. This dessert is called gulab jamun.

I know it sounds weird, but it isn’t! This dish is from the Pakistani cuisine and Indian cuisine, it consists of a dough, which main ingredients are khoya (evaporative condensed milk) and maida (flour), and which is then fried in vegetable oil in the form of small balls. Then, they are dipped in a syrup made with water, sugar, rose water, cardamom and colored with some saffron threads that give it its characteristic red color.

The dish is native to eastern India (Orissa and Bengal). Although gulab-jamuns are equally popular in Pakistan and Bangladesh. A similar dish exists in Arabic cuisine that is also served as a dessert and is the lu'mat al-adi (Arabic means judgment of bread). As in the Indian version, rose water or even honey is used as a sweetener.

It goes without saying that it is a very sweet dessert, so personally I recommend it accompanied with a cup of coffee or some liquor.


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

My favorite musical genre (sub-genre)