Recommendation for series: MAD MEN

-

I do not feel rooted in a certain genre when choosing which series to watch. I'm not a big TV consumer in general either. But when thinking about which is my favorite series, without a doubt that series is Mad Men.

Mad Men is a drama series released in 2007 from United States. The series takes place during the 1960s (just after the confrontation between the United States and Korea), and has as its central axis Don Draper, publicist and creative director of a prestigious advertising firm called Sterling Cooper (the term mad men comes from the slang coined in the 1950s by the publicists who worked on Madison Avenue to refer to themselves, "mad" being short for Madison) and to the people who are part of their life, whether working at the firm as In his personal life. This drama is developed focusing on both the advertising agency's business and the characters' private lives, exposing serious problems in American society and describing the profound political and social changes experienced in the United States during the sixties and seventies.

The most notable aspect and what I like the most about Mad Men is the aesthetics of the series itself, which resembles a coca cola advertising campaign from the middle of the 20th century, but as it progresses, shows subtly the traumas of a disturbed society as a result of wars.

Comentarios

  1. I've heard a lot about this series, but didn't know what it was really about. I find it interesting to know life in New York in the 60s, especially how someone who wants to climb and stay on top lives it.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Mad Men is one of the series that I have yet to see. I don't know why I haven't seen it yet .. Your comment makes me want to see it!

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

My favorite musical genre (sub-genre)