My favorite musical genre (sub-genre)

 

My favorite musical genre (sub-genre).

-

Although I listen to all kinds of music during the day, by far the genre that I listen to the most is rock, more precisely indie rock. But what is indie rock? The term "indie" is a bit ambiguous, since at first it was used to refer to independent bands (those that did not necessarily have to be rock). These bands moved away from the mainstream of the genre, acquiring a more experimental tone. These days an indie rock band is generally defined by a lead guitar, energetic drums, and deep lyrics.

Among the indie rock bands that I listen to are: Foals, Morrissey (solo and with the Smiths), Blur and Arctic Monckeys.

On the other hand, I also listen to a lot of indie pop, which is a sub-genre of pop, but which, like indie rock, departs from the traditional parameters of its genre, using softer melodies and sometimes tending to a Lo-fi sound (low fidelity).

Some indie pop artists I listen to are: The 1975, Tame Impala, Foster the People.

Both genres are quite similar, not only because indie pop receives strong influences from indie rock, but also because in both cases an alternative position is taken when producing music.


Comentarios

  1. Indie is special. .... It has something that when I listen to it, I really enjoy it... maybe it's one of my favorite styles (and I just noticed).

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Indie rock it so cool, I listen so much on my day by day.
    I love it Oasis and Blur

    ResponderEliminar
  3. indie is a revolucionary genre not only for the new sounds, but because of the whole era that they opened since the 80s, it's a great music style with great musicians like The Smiths, Sonic Youth or Dinosaur Jr c:

    att: Joaco c:

    ResponderEliminar
  4. i like that kind of music too, i went to arctic monkeys concert in 2014, it was incredible and i think one of the best concerts I've ever been!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. i love that kind of music. I listen to many artist. Arctic monkeys, foster the people, the kooks, cage the elephant, and others. My favorite song of foster the people is "imagination""

    ResponderEliminar
  6. I like indie, I loved the last album of the 1975, "notes on a conditional form" especially the collaboration with Phoebe Bridgers (she is fantastic!) I feel that each song has a different style

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Foster and the People isn't the same since they lost a member of the trio :(

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog